**INDEX NUMBER: ** JO 17201311
**the sleek BUSINESS UNIT: ** the sleek TELEVISION
**JOB TYPE: ** Full-Time Staff
**JOB SCHEDULE: ** Full-Time
**JOB LOCATION: ** Digital and on location as may be required
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
**ABOUT US: **
The Sleek Television is one of the industry’s leading suppliers of programming for broadcast, basic; and digital platforms. The Sleek Television projects include the phenomenally successful: the sleek TV news website,the sleek Academy Awards , the sleek Creatives, offering theatrics and television entertainment production:supporting events planning and management with video coverage, PA, stage lighting and entertainment: the sleek Radio: the sleek Deejays: the sleek Palace:the sleek Sacco and the unwavering CSR support group, the sleek Community with a lead charity project, Tick A Smile.
Our core values are made of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The Sleek Television is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
**DESCRIPTION OF TITLE**
Recruitment and Placement:
The Human Resource Manager participates in the selection of candidates for the sleek Television all positions working closely with unit leaders and directors to the appointment of secretarial, clerical and related categories positions; including evaluating and screening applications of such candidates, preparing profiles of candidates, coordinating with unit leaders and conducting preliminary interviews, and conducting roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-lists of candidates.
- Assists in the filling of posts for all categories, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Assists in organizing and coordinating competitive recruitment examinations.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and tracking status of vacancy announcements and placement of such advertisements on stated media channels.
- Reviews and processes personnel actions through TSPC.
- Advises staff on visa matters.
- Provides HR planning and management process with innovative leadership including vision, oversight, knowledge management, articulate policies and strategies, coordination of HR strategy and implementation, capacity building, support for monitoring and evaluation, representation, and strategic partnership creation.
Administration of Entitlements:
Reviews and processes requests for entitlements, allowances and benefits in line with staff rules, policies and regulations;
- Process education grant advances and claims in line with staff rules in timely manner;
- Provide efficient and timely on-boarding and off-boarding services;
- Process Service Requests received and provide quality and timely feedback to clients;
- Provide efficient and timely induction to new comers and briefing on separation formalities for staff leaving the organization;
Staff Development and Career Support Training:
- Assists in the organization and conducts of staff empowerment training courses and workshops;
- Provides logistics and administrative support to trainers.
- Assists in reviewing and processing requests for classification.
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes
- Conducts exit interviews for separating staff and assists him/her in final arrangements.
- Maintains HR related automated systems and applications including automated databases containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Undertakes research on a range of HR related issues and assists in the preparation of notes/reports.
- Provides general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofreads and finalizes for signature/approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; sets up and maintains files/records (electronic and paper); schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Prepares written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
- Trains and provides supervision to new and lower-level staff in the unit.
- Performs other duties as required.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work and staffing for the sleek Television and with other clients as may be so required.
COMMUNICATION: Fluent in English, Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
CLIENT ORIENTATION : Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Communications or other relevant field
A minimum of seven years of progressive responsible experience in human resources management and other related fields; Four years’ experience in staff benefits and entitlements required. Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – SAP highly desirable.
Promote management excellence in the office by ensuring accountability in all areas of HR and by demonstrating a high level of skills in the management of staff resources including staff selection based on merit and the needs of the organization, staff aspiration and counseling, systematic and equitable performance management, and staff development and learning activities. Effectively manage the human and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) of the office and ensure both are optimally utilized. Monitor compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in all activities in HR; ensure the implementation of agreed audit recommendations; advise on corrective measures to be taken and establish relevant internal controls.
Staff and Management Relationship Management
Monitor staff/management issues and support/advise management and staff as appropriate to improve the relations and resolve the HR issues. Provide administrative support to the staff-management bodies in the capacity of HR focal point in the office.
Emergency and Staff Security
In coordination with management and the staff, plan and ensure effective emergency preparedness and rapid responses in case of emergency. Properly and promptly investigate and respond to emergencies affecting staff, including immediate actions, and if necessary, coordination with the sleek Television officials and other parties concerned, in accordance with the sleek Television emergency and security policy and guidelines.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
Assists in monitoring and assessing the emergency preparedness plan including its validity for the current crisis, i.e., the security situation and immediate actions needed, the ability of the office to function, the funds that have been reallocated from existing sources, etc. Advises on adapting the emergency preparedness and response plan as necessary, with particular attention to gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
To apply, fill in the following information to participate in our selection process:Apply Here
See other Vacancies at the sleek TELEVISION