**INDEX NUMBER: ** JO 17201311
**the sleek BUSINESS UNIT: ** the sleek TELEVISION
**JOB TYPE: ** Full-Time Staff
**JOB SCHEDULE: ** Part-Time and as required
**JOB LOCATION: ** Digital and on location as may be required
Job Title: Talent Management Assistant (TMA)
**ABOUT US: **
The Sleek Television is one of the industry’s leading suppliers of programming for broadcast, basic; and digital platforms. The Sleek Television projects include the phenomenally successful: the sleek TV news website,the sleek Academy Awards , the sleek Creatives, offering theatrics and television entertainment production:supporting events planning and management with video coverage, PA, stage lighting and entertainment: the sleek Radio: the sleek Deejays: the sleek Palace:the sleek Sacco and the unwavering CSR support group, the sleek Community with a lead charity project, Tick A Smile.
Our core values are made of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The Sleek Television is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
The Sleek Television is seeking a competent management trainee on behalf of our client to support the implementation of a new project tagged “Mister Money Boy Edition” which will take effect from June 2018. However, the management trainee will be required to start receiving training and assisting in areas of relevance ahead of the groundbreaking of the project. The management trainee will play a role under the title Talent Management Officer (TMA) and will also assist in other duties as may be so required by the supervisor.
**DESCRIPTION OF TITLE**
Recruitment and Placement:
The TMA participates in the identification, selection and follow up of talents to be featured during #MisterMoneyBoyEdition events on behalf of the sleek Television on all positions working closely with other unit leaders and directors to the appointment of speakers, service providers and themes development.
The TMA will be in charge of evaluating and screening applications or nominations of persons referred to take part in #MisterMoneyBoyEdition events, preparing profiles of such persons ahead of events, coordinating with unit leaders and conducting preliminary interviews to achieve a supporting digital media and stage performers’ team to suit the needs of a given thematic area during events, and conducting roster searches for vacancies and identifying short-lists of such candidates. The TMA will further;
- Assist in organizing and coordinating #MisterMoneyBoyEdition events
- Oversee the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and tracking status of vacancy announcements and placement of such advertisements on stated media channels seeking talents to featrure in the #MisterMoneyBoyEdition series of events.
- Advise participants on guiding policies and how to conduct themselves during events
- Assist in preparing and distributing concept notes via email and send via courier services when so required
- Assist in obtaining quotations from service providers and facilitating bookings, reservations and making such payments
- Account for all expenditures by providing valid receipts of all transactions
- Receive remunerations issued in lump sum or petty cash during #MisterMoneyBoyEdition events and deposit such payments to the bank
- Negotiate labor charges with participants and distribute allowances to participants after the event
- Assist in the organization and conducting of rehearsal sessions for talents ahead of #MisterMoneyBoyEdition
- Provides logistics and administrative support internally to directors and to trainers.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Managing the #MisterMoneyBoyEdition diary, coordinate business and personal appointments and provide administrative support when called upon
- Participating in organization of Board meetings as and when required; drafting agendas, and taking notes in the meeting
- Arranging travel and accommodation for the participants when required; booking flights, hotels, transfers, organizing foreign currency and arranging appointments with business partners based Internationally
- Managing and ensuring efficient filing, documentation, safe custody and retrieval of confidential records (official/personal)
- Filtering general information, queries, telephone calls and invitations to partner with #MisterMoneyBoyEdition by redirecting or taking forward such contacts as appropriate
- Taking minutes in senior management meetings and other meetings assigned
- Supervising security and other support staff in the sleek CREATIVES office
- Management trainee must have been enrolled to university course for more than six months or have acquired a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any of the following disciplines: Communications, Sociology, Human Resource, Public/ International Relations
- No previous work experience is required but a drive and thrill to learn is your required tool
All further training on undertaking the responsibilities will be facilitated by the supervisor.
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to interpret and apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work and staffing for the sleek Television and with other clients as may be so required.
COMMUNICATION: Fluent in English, Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
TEAMWORK: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
CLIENT ORIENTATION : Considers all those to whom services are provided to be ‘clients’ and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
No previous work experience is required.
Emergency and Talents Security
In coordination with management and the staff, plan and ensure effective emergency preparedness and rapid responses in case of emergency. Properly and promptly investigate and respond to emergencies affecting staff, including immediate actions, and if necessary, coordination with the sleek Television officials and other parties concerned, in accordance with the sleek Television emergency and security policy and guidelines. Actively respond to resolve conflicts or rising aggressiveness among talents.
To apply, fill in the following information to participate in our selection process: Apply Here
See other Vacancies at the sleek TELEVISION